CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Whole Blogging Scene

Unusually enough, I'm actually starting to like blogging. This is what? The eighth post or something that this month? I've tried blogs before but just never have gotten into them. I'd post once or twice and then lose interest. I've actually managed to maintain this one though. I'm still kind of uncomfortable posting what's going on in my life (which is always contradicting because I want to post something, but half the time my life is too intimate to post for the world to see). Just because I know if I do, I'll share my thoughts on the matter and I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Not that I'm mean; just blunt and strongly opinionated. Plus I almost always see both the good and bad in things. Like right now, if I were to post about my day, I'd say some nice things and I'd say probably some offensive things too. Maybe I'm just hard to please but I don't think I've ever had a perfect day-something is bound to irk me just a little bit. That doesn't mean I focus on one tiny negative thing but if I were to tell someone about my day, I'd probably mention it even though I'd be generally very pleased. I guess maybe some people would say I'm just too focused on the negative. I say it's more of a realist thing-let's face it, nothing can be perfect. Besides detailed, observant people like me are bound to notice flaws :). For instance, I've likely written too much on the subject and should someone happen to see this, they will be bored to tears.

In short, I just don't understand how people can be ok with posting EVERYTHING that goes on in their life-and trust me, I've looked at a lot of blogs and some people do post just about everything.

But I like the concept of blogging and I do like having a place to vent when I'm upset, which I frequently am because let's face it, I'm a psycho lol. Jk-well kinda. The psycho part is pretty true.

I actually get my thoughts better worded when I'm writing for the most part. I find it easier to coherently organize what I'm thinking and including everything I'd like to say; when I try to say it outloud, I usually get flustered and forget something. It is difficult for me to get my true emotions out verbally. Unless I'm singing but that's a little different-music was made to express emotions. Conversation however is primarily to bull your way through life because honestly in today's society who really says how they feel? If you ask someone how they are, they typically answer they're fine or ok. But how often are they really? Maybe I'm just weird but I know I'm not half the time when I tell someone that; we're all still expected to smile and say it anyways.

I'm a bit of a social reformer, if you can't tell-I'm a realist but I wish idealism was possible. In the words of my friend Harmony, "If we could all just take care of each other, the world would be taken care of." I believe that. I truly do. But the odds of it happening, especially with the mindset of the world we live, is almost impossible.

Another thing I wish was possible is if everyone could balance indiviualism with ethnics. Too often people think to be an individual, they should do whatever they want. They become Hedonists and put themselves first. They can drink, smoke, have sex, whatever-they're just being individuals therefore they can do whatever they want. Now I'm no conformist, but I don't feel a need to go party hardy to be an individual. That's just stupid-you'll be individually unhealthy and ugly in a few years from screwing your body over. Individuality is not being afraid to have your own personality, do your own hobbies (drinking and partying are NOT hobbies), and doing what ever it is you do to make the world a better place. Individualism is not being afraid to defend the obscure kid when society is condemning them. Individualism is using your brain by yourself and not having it controlled by the media. You know what, the partiers are the real conformists. They're like a bunch of robots controlled by the booze section in the grocery store.

Wow...this is long post. I'm done ranting now.

0 comments: